CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

6.20.2011

Keep Holding On

As much as trials suck to go through, it seems like when you've overcome one, you always come out a better person because of it. While you're going through the trial, whether it's something like a loss of a loved one, low self esteem, break up, or something so much bigger, it can seem impossible to defeat. But you need to remember, and keep telling yourself, that God would never put you through anything you couldn't handle. One of the hardest things for me to remember is that my life is not that hard. Sometimes I think I have it so much worse than others, that my life is so tough, boo hoo, all that crap,so I often have to tell myself that, 1.You have absolutely NO idea what is going through other's heads or behind closed doors, and 2. That only means that you are a stronger person than some others are and God knows that. I'm not saying that remembering any of this will make a trial seem easier, or make it simply disappear, I'm just trying to tell not only myself, but those who I know are struggling right now, that everyone goes through it, and everyone survives it. There are ways to cope, and you will be okay in the end.

One song that I always listen to when I'm at my lowest low and want to curl up in my bed and never get out is Avril Lavigne's song, Keep Holding On. Super extremely cheesy, I know, but cheesy is not always a bad thing. Really though, the lyrics to this song can pull me out of anything. You're not alone, together we stand, I'll be by your side, you know I'll take your hand. When it gets cold, and it feels like the end, there's no place to go, you know I won't give in. Keep holding on, 'cause you know we'll make it through. Just stay strong, 'cause you know I'm here for you.

Awww, I think this is the absolute cheesiest post I have ever written. I don't care, I love it.


. . .Oh wow, I sound a bit scatterbrained in here as well. Hope it all can be understood in the way I wanted it to be. . .


Not sure how to end this. I guess what I'm trying to tell myself is I'm awesome and I can overcome anything. And hey, you're awesome and can overcome anything too I bet, 'cause if you're reading this, that means we're friends, and I don't have a single friend who is not freaking awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment