CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3.26.2011

Little Picassos To Be

I live in the same house as my older brother and sister. My brother and his fiance' live upstairs, I live on the main level, and my sister and her family have a basement apartment below me. So it can be a pretty fun house. This morning I was tidying up my bedroom when I got a phone call from my sister.

"Hey are you busy, because I want to take a shower, but my girls won't be good long enough for me to do that. Do you mind if they come up and hang out with you for a little bit?"

I love my little nieces,  so of course I said yes! I have two nieces, Lynnli, who turns three years old next week but talks like she's six, and Alyssa, the silent but sweet one who turns two in August. The girls came upstairs and we decided to watch Spongebob together. We turned it on halfway through so we just finished the episode. I then wanted to get ready for the day so I went to bathroom to do my hair. Lynnli was very into the next show, Max and Ruby, but Alyssa was bored. When Alyssa gets bored she gets into anything and everything. I came out of the bathroom just in time to see her getting ready to pull all of my alphabetized DVDs out. I stopped her, and then realized TV was not enough to keep these busy bodies busy! I got out a couple clipboards, some paper, and some crayons, hoping it would entertain the girls. And it did! Who knew they loved coloring so much?! It worked wonders! I was able to do not only my hair, but my make up too! After I finished getting ready I looked at their pictures, and wow, they are quite the little artists! Even though it was only scribbling, the pictures they made were super colorful (my favorite) and pretty awesome looking. Go Lynnli and Alyssa! Woo!


No comments:

Post a Comment