CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3.19.2011

Three Little Words

I've been trying to think of something to write for days. I am completely clueless. Com.Plet.Ey. It's so frustrating because I want to desperately blog, but how do you blog when you're mind is blank? Maybe Spring Break shut my brain off, if that's the case I'll be able to blog more Monday. Awww no. School on Monday. Huuuuaggggg. <--- Me throwing up. Not a fan of school, not at all. Anyway, since I don't really know what to blog about, I'll just tell you about the book I'm currently reading.

I'm not a fan of vampire books, harry potter, any sci-fi, etc. I am more into reading real life stories. Stories that are either true, or stories that could have really happened. The book I am currently reading is titled Three Little Words. It's a true story about a little girl named Ashley who gets taken from her mother when she's three and put into foster care. She goes through, I think it's seven homes in three years, and it keeps going on and on. Not every home she gets placed into is a good one. Working with children that go from home to home, it's really interesting to read about one and hear what it's actually like for her. Ashley is around 24 years old now, and is such an amazing girl. When reading the book, it's hard to figure out how a little girl like her didn't just give up, most other children in her position would. She learns from her experience and becomes a better person out of it. If anyone is looking for a good book to read, Three Little Words by Ashley Rhodes-Courter, is definitely one to look into.

2 comments:

  1. I don't like vampires or harry potter either! People think I am crazy, but glad to see I am not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely going to read this! I am like you, the vampire books are too cheesy for me. I am all about true stories!!

    ReplyDelete